Search this site
Junior College Football
Kansas City Home
NFL Free Agents
Five Things: Chiefs vs. Packers
WR Josh Bellamy
Warpaint Illustrated Columnist
Posted Aug 30, 2012
With roster cuts looming on Friday night and another preseason blowout loss this time to the Green Bay Packers, what did we learn from the final tune-up to the regular season for the Kansas City Chiefs
- I sure wouldn’t want to be in General Manager Scott Pioli’s shoes Friday having to cut down to 53 players. When you look at KC's wide receivers and depth along the defensive line, there will be some quality players who will be looking for work.
2. Wide Receiver Bubble
- One of the more intersesting roster cuts for the red and gold will be at wide receiver? It's nearly impossible to imagine a roster that includes the following:
, Junior Hemingway and
? The difference in a day and age where versatility is treasured – a guy like Wylie who can add something in special teams - is very attractive and of those players might be the only lock.
- KC's defensive line has gone from a weakness to a strength. It's a position where a quality player could get cut. One of them could be Amon Gordon who likely has done enough to garner a roster spot. But what about
after the emergence of
? Both of their places on the final 53-man roster is in peril thanks to the play and progress of
last years sixth round pick,
- Even though the 'ones' played sparingly in the first quarter Thursday night, there was a sense of urgency by Matt Cassel and crew. And it was good to see, after back-to-back lackluster performances, they found some success in their run game.
5. Bring on Atlanta
- With the season opener just a week away against the
, the Chiefs do have a few glaring items that are of concern.
At the moment, the Chiefs secondary scares me. Look at the first five games of the regular season - Atlanta, Buffalo, New Orleans, San Diego and then Baltimore. What do they all have in common? All have dynamic passing games with matchup problems for the Chiefs at the wide receiver position.
The health of
is the number one storyline to watch in the upcoming week. Can both get back on the field for the opener?
WARPAINT ILLUSTRATED MESSAGE BOARDS:
Are the Chiefs ready for the regular season opener?
For all the news, notes and quotes on the Chiefs, visit WarpaintIllustrated.com
Aug 30, 2012
The Final 53?
Aug 31, 2012
What Can We Learn?
Aug 29, 2012
Subscribe today and get a full year of
Warpaint Illustrated Magazine
with an annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from WarpaintIllustrated.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Kansas City
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft