Search this site
Junior College Football
Kansas City Home
NFL Free Agents
Chiefs 2013 Schedule
Chiefs HC Andy Reid
Warpaint Illustrated Publisher
Posted Apr 18, 2013
If there is one negative to having the first pick in the NFL Draft, it’s the fact the Chiefs only received a singular primetime game in 2013 - that being Week #3 at Philadelphia to face Andy Reid’s old team on Thursday Night.
Now that the schedule is out how will the Chiefs fair? Here’s my first look week by week.
Sept. 8th @
- Not sure if this was a twist of fate but the NFL two worst teams a year ago match up in the season opener.
Sept. 15th vs.
begins a three game stretch versus the NFC East against ‘America’s Team’ in the Chiefs Home Opener at Arrowhead.
Sept. 19th @
- In their only prime time game of the season, a Thursday Night battle against Andy Reid’s old team the Eagles, should be quite a barnburner as these two teams begin to learn much about themselves in week three.
Sept 29th vs.
New York Giants
, and company head to Arrowhead to complete the NFC Hat Trick against the Chiefs.
Oct 6th – @
- After taking on Jacksonville in week one, the Chiefs face another struggling AFC South team in the Titans.
Oct. 13th – vs.
- Their second Hat Trick of the season has the Chiefs facing division rival Oakland in its first of three straight games at Arrowhead.
Oct 20th – vs.
- The Might Texans have had the Chiefs number in recent years, especially at Arrowhead. Will the Chiefs turn the tables?
Oct 27th – vs.
- The AFC North team has played the Chiefs tough in recent years. IF Kansas City wants to end their 5th game in eight weeks at home with a win, they’ll be facing an improved Browns team.
Nov. 3rd – @
- Could one of the teams rumored to be interested in moving up to the #1 spot in next weeks NFL draft, haunt that decision?
Nov. 10th – BYE WEEK
Nov. 17th – @
- Let’s be honest the Chiefs have an easy schedule but the Broncos have the easiest by far in the NFL. Unlikely upset here.
Nov 24th – vs.
San Diego Chargers
- Sandwiched between the Broncos games, the Chargers haven’t played well at Arrowhead in recent years.
Dec. 1st – vs. Denver Broncos
- Very rarely do you face a division rival inside three weeks but with five primetime games for the 2012 AFC West Champs, what did you expect.
Dec. 8th - @
– The only good news about this game in December is that I’ll be heading to D.C. for my only road trip of the season.
Dec. 15th @ Oakland Raiders
– Even if the Chiefs top division rival is winless at this point in the season, Kansas City doesn’t play well against the Bay Area Raiders.
Dec 22nd vs.
– Didn’t these two teams play their second to last game at Arrowhead a year ago? And didn’t the Colts clinch a playoff spot with that win? Will the Chiefs turn the tables on Indy?
Dec. 29th - @ San Diego Chargers -
Tough place to end the season but at least its not in Denver like it’s been the last two seasons for the Chiefs. Still not a place Kansas City has won many games the last ten seasons.
Summary: At first glance, you’d have to think that with five of eight games at home to start the season, the Chiefs could jump from a 2-14 team to one that could garner an 8-8 season. But if the ball bounces right and the players can adapt to Andy Reid's system, this schedule has 10 wins for KC.
WARPAINT ILLUSTRATED MESSAGE BOARDS:
What do you think of the Chiefs 2013 NFL schedule?
For all the news, notes and quotes on the Chiefs, visit WarpaintIllustrated.com
Chiefs 8 Days to #1: Add Bradshaw
Apr 17, 2013
Chiefs 9 Days to #1: Sign Dansby
Apr 16, 2013
Chiefs 10 Days to #1: Dump Albert
Apr 15, 2013
Subscribe today and get a full year of
Warpaint Illustrated Magazine
with an annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from WarpaintIllustrated.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Kansas City
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft