The Kansas City Chiefs placed tight end Martin Rucker on injured reserve. Rucker is a 6-foot-5,…
Five Things: What's Left to Ponder?
1. Sign Him or Trade Him – Let's put the stalemate between Dwayne Bowe and the Kansas City Chiefs as the organizations top priority before the team departs for St. Joe. Right now the two sides are some $6-8 million apart on guaranteed dollars. On one side the Chiefs, led by General Manager Scott Pioli, aren't convinced that Bowe is worth signing a long-term contract. In the last three years, Pioli has done a terrific job locking up many of his young core players to new deals. But Bowe is different. The Chiefs aren't sure what they have in Bowe. Pioli would like his - sometimes elite receiver - to sign his tender perform well the first month of the regular season and see how he responds to playing under his franchise tag. If he shines, then the leverage falls on Bowe and maybe he gets the $30 million in guarantees he believes he's worth. Bowe, who will likely sign his tender prior to the mid July...
325 Fans online
- Decision Time: Should Dorsey Sign Incognito?
- ChiefsInsider: Pre 1st Cut Rumblings and Roars
- Upon Further Review Chiefs Had Some Positives
- Chiefs announce initial cuts
- Chiefs Might be Playing Second Fiddle to Royals